Many salespeople would love to have an assistant — a supporting team member to help them be more efficient, helpful, and effective. A useful sidekick to improve their ability to connect with customers and make more sales. That’s exactly what you get when you use video on-demand.
Why Use Video On-Demand?
Video on-demand is a marketing and sales tool that enables salespeople and businesses to connect with customers using multimedia. Through custom videos and presentations that are available with a few clicks of a button, this tool educates and engages customers as they go through the purchasing process. This helps to:
Increase customer engagement:
- Video and interactive media attract and hold attention. When the media is available on-demand, that attraction and attention are even more powerful. Customers become more engaged when they can access and control video and interactive media resources the way they want.
Build trust and decrease customer stress:
- Shoppers and customers like to collect information before they make a purchasing decision. Video on-demand helps them acquire the resources they want and need. This decreases customer stress as shoppers are able to easily find answers. It also builds trust between a brand and customers as they see that the brand cares about helping, not just selling.
Tap into powerful visual marketing:
- On-demand videos deliver visuals that are more powerful than text alone. Visual marketing transmits information faster than graphics. This also means you can engage your audience more effectively and hold their attention longer.
Help customers make decisions:
- Visuals also effectively guide audiences into taking action. Visuals impact decision making and are influential factors in how a customer goes through the purchasing process.
- On-demand video provides opportunities to cross-sell and upsell products and services. This is an effective method for increasing revenue: a Forrester study found that one in five customers make an unplanned purchase after seeing items featured on digital screens.
Establish customer loyalty:
- Audiences like seeing digital media information. By providing videos and multimedia, you create a store or shop that customers prefer. A study by the Online Testing eXchange showed that 41% of consumers said they would be more likely to visit a location because of the digital signage.
What Can You Share Through Video On-Demand?
To get the benefits of video on-demand, use your media to share the following types of content:
- Complete Inventories: You don’t need to have all of your products on display in your showroom when you have a video on-demand resource. You
- can show customers other products that aren’t on display by sharing video clips and information.
- Service Processes: Customers are often skeptical about services they don’t understand. Explainer videos can decrease that skepticism. Videos allow businesses and salespeople to walk customers through processes to make them feel more educated and comfortable about their purchase.
- Product Demos: Video on-demand also educates customers on products they are about to purchase. Product demo videos show customers the products in action, so they can become more educated about an item before they make a purchase.
- Product and Service Comparisons: Video also makes it easier to show how products or services match up against each other. You can show customers the product or service they are interested in and then show them the alternatives. This gives customers options and education which prime them to make a purchasing decision.
- Upgrades and Add-ons: Video gives you an opportunity to highlight products and services as well as complementary add-ons. While showing customers the ins and outs of their new product or service, you can use video on-demand to introduce them to supporting items that will improve the efficiency, performance, or effectiveness of their new purchase.
How Can You Show Video On-Demand?
There are a few options for delivering video on-demand in your shop or store. You can mix and match these options to provide an even more engaging experience for customers.
- Hand-held Tablets: Salespeople can easily carry videos around with them by using tablet displays. This gives each salesperson extra power and resources at their immediate disposal.
- Staff-Controlled Digital Signage: Sales teams can present information on tablet screens or connect their tablets to wall screens to project videos on a larger scale. Digital signage displays make it possible to share on-demand content with an entire room or one-on-one.
- Interactive Screens: Customers can also control video on-demand without the help of a salesperson. Interactive screens put content control in the hands of shoppers and clients.
- Service Kiosks: You can also incorporate videos into kiosk systems that allow clients to check-in, pay, or schedule services. This puts the information right where customers need it most while decreasing the strain on human resources at your location.
- Website & Social Media: Video on-demand tools aren’t restricted to the physical location of your shop or showroom. You can also use video marketing to broadcast your information online through your website and social media platforms.
Video on-demand is a powerful sales and marketing tool. It can act as a mini sales assistant that attracts, educates, and engages customers while increasing sales and revenue. So start putting your resources to work and bring in video on-demand to support your sales and marketing teams.
We realize that the idea of creating custom video and implementing the technology to bring digital screens into your location can be a little challenging. But don’t let that hold you back from embracing this strategy.
Claim a free consultation with a Spectrio team member to get all of the details on the process and cost of bringing a digital video and signage strategy to your business.