If better sales are what you’re after, in-store overhead messages should be a key component in your business strategy!
Studies show (The Checkout Issue 2.12) that 2 out of 3 impulse purchases are due to a promotion that a customer just couldn’t pass up, and more than 60 percent of those customers purchase an additional 1 to 3 products.
So, how do you get your customers to make those impulse purchases?
If your business has overhead or background music playing during store hours, intersperse short marketing messages every 5 to 10 minutes. Not sure what to say in these overhead messages?
Here are 7 ideas to get you started:
1. Give customers information about specials and direct them to the correct store location.
2. Let them know what’s on sale.
3. Tell them what’s fresh.
4. Suggest add-ons to items they might already be purchasing.
5. Remind them about your valuable warranty or insurance program.
6. Promote holiday-themed items in the weeks leading up to a holiday.
7. Feature new items.
Image courtesy of nuchylee /FreeDigitalPhotos.net