Father’s Day is right around the corner. Shopping for the dads in your life can often be a fun, if stressful, experience. After all, what can you get the man who already owns every piece of Star Wars memorabilia, or has more grilling tools than he knows what to do with?
To answer this question, we picked the brains of our Spectrio team members for some of the best Father’s Day gifts they’ve either given or received. Hopefully, one of their recommendations will make your last-minute shopping or planning a little easier!
For the sports fanatic Dad…
Popular suggestions from our team include:
- Tickets to one of his favorite team’s games–even if the game doesn’t go the way he wants it to, it’ll be a memory to treasure!
- A shirt that supports his team of choice, even if it’s not the one you’d choose. Sports fans of all sorts know that sometimes a house divided can be fun.
- A digital picture frame that can rotate through all of his favorite game memories, from the epic wins to the crushing losses.
For the handy, DIY Father…
Make Dad’s next home improvement project a breeze with:
- A power washer. Depending on the dad, this can either be used for good or for evil…
- A gift certificate to his favorite home improvement store: Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware, or even a local spot.
- Some accessories for his soon-to-be-built Man Cave. Whether that’s a TV, a bar cart, or a good old-fashioned recliner is up to you and your dad’s taste.
For the sentimental Dad…
Deep down, we know most dads are big softies. Make your dad’s day special with things like:
- A handmade gift. A paperweight for his office (or home!) desk, a calendar featuring the family in comedic poses from over the years, a coffee mug painted at your hometown pottery studio…the possibilities are endless!
- A basket full of his favorite things. Popcorn, candy, and a movie theater gift card for the movie buff dad. A picnic basket full of a variety of BBQ sauces, assorted cheeses, and heavy-duty grilling gear for the backyard warrior dad.
- Time well spent. This was the most popular response, from dads and kids alike. Corny as it is, most dads just want some quality time with their kids! Go out fishing, visit your local museum, or offer to cook dinner while Dad props his hardworking feet up!
No matter what you end up giving your Dad for Father’s Day, the Spectrio Team wishes him (and you) a fun, relaxing holiday!