As mentioned in our previous blog, digital signage is a cornerstone of many modern businesses’ customer engagement strategies. As a business owner, you know determining the ROI of your digital signage displays is important, of course, but so is ensuring that you’re making the most of those screens.
When leveraged properly, digital signage acts as additional force behind your sales and brand perception. Here are a few unique ideas on how to maximize the efficiency of your digital signage displays.
Share Attention-Grabbing Messaging
The entire purpose of digital signage is to be more enagaging than traditional, static displays. Make sure that your screens are being used to get your most important and eye-catching messaging out to your customers. Common examples of this include:
- Highlight daily or seasonal specials to draw attention to popular items and services. Be sure to schedule these to change throughout the day, week, or month.
- Share positive reviews about your business from other customers. This helps build trust and confidence that your business can provide them with the things they’re looking for!
- Showcase your best-selling products and services. While customers may already know about them, seeing them in action, on display, on-premise, can greatly increase the chances of them making a purchase.
Make Your Digital Signage Displays Hands-On
Research shows that modern customers expect a more immersive, comprehensive shopping experience. One easy way to captivate your business’s visitors is with interactive screens. Leverage your digital signage displays as additional “sales people” by:
- Featuring demo of one of your products. Take the customer on a 360 degree tour of the item, and allow them to zoom in and out, click to learn more, and view technical specs.
- Offer a coupon for immediate use, in exchange for the customer’s email address, or for a Like on your company’s Facebook page when accessed via your digital display screen. You will need to connect your signage to the Internet for this to work, and it’s vital to offer them a secure connection if you are asking someone to input their password!
- Why not let your customer build their own? Whether it’s a service plan or an actual item, people love to DIY! A touch screen interface can be used in a car dealership to allow them to build their ideal vehicle and order it on-the-spot. Or use this idea in a restaurant, for a fun way for customers to place their order.
- Attach a webcam and allow customers to take photos of themselves and their party. Send the photos directly to your Facebook page, Twitter feed, Instagram, Flickr, or any other visual social medium you have.
- Ask customers to input their email address or phone number to be entered into a drawing for something spectacular. Feature photos of past winners, too!
Keep Your Content Relevant and Entertaining
Just throwing any message or image up on your digital signage displays may do more harm than good. When choosing what will be featured on your screens, it’s important that it meets the following criteria:
- It’s up to date. Making sure that Christmas-related promotions aren’t being show in May or filtering out old clearance notifications is key. No customer wants to see messaging promising a discount or an item that’s out of stock.
- It’s well-branded. Whether you run a local dining spot or are part of a multi-location franchise, displaying content that matches your business’s brand guidelines and overall tone is important. It helps give customers an idea of who you are, what you represent, and that your business operates consistently.
Your Digital Signage At Work
Digital signage displays can be found in store-fronts and business across every industry. While their use and purpose may change, the benefits they provide both you and your customers are numerous.
If you want to add digital signage to your business, or improve the displays you already have, schedule a demo with Spectrio today!